Ooty: The Scotland of the East
Well, if you can’t go to Scotland, no worries as you can get the same experience here in your country. All you need to do is plan a trip to Ooty, the coolest place in Tamil Nadu, and satisfy your travel bug. Ooty is one of the most beautiful towns of Tamil Nadu and is also known as Udhagamandalam. A famous tourist destination of South India, Ooty is very popular with tourists and boast of an excellent selection of accommodations and hotels in Ooty. Book a room at the earliest to take advantage of more choices, higher-quality accommodations, and best deals!
There are endless things to do in Ooty that boasts of a quite lush green environment and natural scenic beauty.
- Ride in the Nilgiri Mountain Toy Train, and it is indeed a fun experience to sit on a train right in the lap of nature. Declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, the Mountain Toy Train was built by the British in 1908. The train journey will take you through tunnels, curves, and bridges.
- Explore the Botanical Garden built in 1847 by the British. The gardens are massive and cover more than 22 acres of land and boast of over a thousand species of flowers. The garden is a horticulturist’s delight and a 20 million years old fossil tree is the highlight of the garden.
- Visit the Ooty Lake, a 2.5-kilometre long lake which is a popular destination for picnicking. Built in 1825, people come here to enjoy paddle boating and the magnificent views of the scenic beauty of the Nilgiris.
- Stone House is the first bungalow of Ooty and is a must-visit for history buffs. Built by John Sullivan in 1822, it displays impressive architecture and some great relics. Today, the Stone House functions as the Government Arts College of Ooty.
- Pykara Waterfall is a great picnic spot! There are pine trees and lake and the amazing scenery around will motivate to keep clicking some great pictures. About 20 kilometers from Ooty, tourists love coming here to enjoy the nature and take the speedboat rides available at the lake.
- Sim’s Park, located in Coonoor is a popular tourist attraction. The beautiful botanical garden is home to a wide variety of unusual species of plants. Sims and Major Murray developed the park in 1874, and the sprawling 12-acre land has been beautifully landscaped.
- Hike to the top of Doddabetta, which is the highest summit in the Nilgiris District. Get a mesmerizing view from the top of the mountain. Thousands of tourists visit the Doddabetta Mountain every year.
- Pine Forests are famous and arranged in a small downhill area. It is enchanting to stand next to those towering pine trees that make for a delightful scenic view. One can feel the atmosphere of peace and tranquility and enjoy picnics at the Kamaraj-Sagar Dam.
Every nature lover must head for the Avalanche Lake which is close to Emerald Lake and offers a picturesque view. Participate in activities like fishing, rafting, and camping. Look forward to a lifetime experience and create great memories.
So, when are you going to plan a visit to the coolest place in Tamilnadu?